Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 23, 2007

The day I gave birth to my first son at age 17, I was filled with nothing but love and fear. "Was I going to be a good mother? Was I really ready for all of this? Could I provide this child with all the things that he will need during his life?" Now 21 years, 4 more children and many a sleepless night, I can honestly say it was all worth it, especially when every time we speak or see each other, he tells me how much he loves me. Anthony has moved out and in with his fiance and sometimes I wish he was still just living with me, as crazy as life was with 3 teenagers at one time in the house, I long for those "simpler" times. It has become real to me that my child will soon be married and raising a family of his own.......I want to say to him, "I hope someday your child puts you through all the things that you put me through" but I won't...........because I don't ever want him to think for a second, that I didn't love being his mom.

No comments: