Monday, April 5, 2010

Grrrr.........

I'm upset!  My ex father in law promised me that I would never have to worry ~ HE would pay for my children's college education, apparently he put money aside for this purpose.  He did pay for the first two semesters, but when my house sold and a move was imminent, my daughter FREAKED and withdrew herself from her classes.  I guess my father in law believes that Brittany could have stayed with my oldest son, who remained in SWFL.  That was NOT an option, in my opinion.  He lives in an extremely small 2 bedroom trailer with his fiancée and her brother, in a less than desirable part of town.  While I may have been able to help her salvage this semester, she decided to be a "grown up" and take matters into her own hands.  Well, it seems that my father in law is angry that Brittany didn't consult with him, ahem, consult with HIM???  How about ME, whom she lives with???  Because she didn't consult with him first, he refuses to pay another dollar toward tuition.  Soooooooo, she makes a not so good decision at 19 years old and she pays for it for the rest of her life???

Tomorrow I go to court because with my father in law's help, my ex-husband is seeking a downward modification of his child support.  I was prepared to accept a settlement for pennies on the dollar, but with college expenses looming in my future, I'm not so sure it is a good idea.  This settlement would relinquish any current/future responsibility my ex-husband has for my children.

AAGH!!  What to do!  What to do!

No comments: